- "Association" means "Association des traducteurs et interprètes de la Nouvelle-Écosse/Association of Translators and Interpreters of Nova Scotia";
- "Member" means members described in article 2 of these By-laws;
- "Board" means the Board of Directors as described in articles 22 to 41 of these By-laws;
- "Board meeting" means a meeting of the Board of Directors in person or by conference call;
- "General Meeting" means a meeting of the membership, called by the President. Notice of meeting, agenda and texts of all resolutions to be proposed must be sent to all Members, fifteen (15) days before the date of the Meeting;
- "Special Resolution" is a resolution passed by at least three quarters (3/4) of Members entitled to vote and present at a General Meeting of which notice has been duly given, specifying the intention to propose a resolution as a Special Resolution. Members may be present in person or by proxy, where proxies are allowed;
- "CTTIC" means Canadian Translators, Terminologists and Interpreters Council;
- "Registrar" means the "Registrar of Joint Stock Companies";
- "Code of Ethics" means ethical code included in the Directory as set out in Article 22b. Where the Association adopts a code of ethics governing the ethical practice of its members, and subscription thereto and observance thereof is a condition of membership, such a code of ethics shall be approved by way of resolution at a general meeting of the Association.
- Any use in these By-laws of the masculine gender shall include the feminine gender.
Last Updated on Friday, 10 January 2014 18:26