Log in

Main Menu

Archived News
Archived Newsletters
Site Map


Anyone who wishes to become a certified member must be an associate member OR submit a certification examination application, and successfully pass the standard national certification examination given by CTTIC (in translation or interpretation). The translation certification examination is administered in Halifax once a year.

Membership inquiries from outside Canada

People inquiring from outside Canada should know that ATINS does not provide contractual work to its members, but rather, is an organization that promotes the profession. In addition, they must reside in Nova Scotia to submit their application. ATINS does not accept certification exam or on dossier applications from outside Nova Scotia.