- Literary Translation
- Translation Studies
- Specialties in the Translation Profession: scientific, technical, legal and commercial
- Specialties in the Interpreting Profession: conference, court, medical and community
- Technology and Translation
- Ethics, Status and Future of the Profession
The Program Committee invites proposals for presentations on the Congress theme that fall into one of the above streams. The proposals can be for papers, workshops or panels.
- A paper (20 minutes) is a presentation that does not require audience participation.
- A workshop (90 minutes) is a practically oriented session requiring audience participation.
- A panel (90 minutes) involves 4 or 5 participants discussing a given topic on the basis of short individual presentations by each of the participants (Panels to be organized by the participants themselves).
The proposals should include the following information:
- Name and affiliation
- Address, telephone number, fax number, and e-mail address
- Paper or Workshop or Panel proposed
- Title of presentation
- Stream in which presentation can be included
- Language of presentation (English or French)
- Abstract of 250 words
Submission deadline: September 1, 2001
Proposals should be sent to:
Portfolio Event Management
1383 Homer Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6B 5M9